Etsy Mini Banner

Thursday, February 25, 2010

Making Art Despite Distractions

I've been painting in my dining room lately. I've been using a lot of watercolors on large canvases and I need the paintings to stay flat until they dry. Unfortunately, I have a bad cat who likes to get on everything. I have caught her napping on my drying paintings on several occasions. So weak.

There she is.


Look at that bad fucking cat. Eating my plants. Please note for the record that the small plant in the background is catnip, bought specifically for her. Not interested. Right in front of her are two of the spray bottles I use to try to get her OUT OF MY AREA. Not afraid. She is like having a raccoon loose in the house.







You know how sometimes you start painting and you don't have any clue why you are painting what you are painting you just are compelled to do it? I started painting this series on tiny pieces of watercolor paper and they grew and grew. I didn't realize until just now that they were inspired by my trip to Yellowstone! All that geothermal activity. The organic forms and colors. How chaotic and yet always with these circles, bubbles and froth in perfect orbs.
Those tall jars are metallic powdered watercolor. Loving it!

smooch smooch, got another babe in a forest coming along.

No comments:

Post a Comment