Etsy Mini Banner

Sunday, September 20, 2009

Sonia Rykiel: You da Queen

While sipping a drink at the Mercantile with Dani the other night she asked me what I thought about Creepers.  I haven't thought about Creepers in a reeeeaaaalllly long time.  I never loved them, but she told me about how they are the centerpiece of Sonia Rykiel's fall/winter 09 collection.  Damn!  I love this collection.  Watch her video!!  It is a masterpiece.  It is punk and bohemian, geometric and soft, structured and flowy.  I am just blown away by the use of sequins in the most luscious colors and then there are The Fucking Diamond Encrusted Creepers.  Holy moly.  I just love dichotomy and opposites and things that don't belong together meshed in harmony.  Dying!


3 comments:

  1. "dichotomy" is such a great and under appreciated word.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am really into her Sonia by Sonia Rykiel line. It reminds me a bit of "Party Girl" and there is nothing wrong with that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seriously, that collection is superb. Those colors she's using are dreamy, especially when used in sequins. That pewter dress in the center is incredible, no?

    In other news, someone ELSE won MY sequin jacket on Hold My Gold. Whoever it is better not be wearing that around Sac. I will steal it back! It's mine! Bwahahaha!

    Dani

    ReplyDelete